What can we help you with today?

  • Search Term

  • Filter Documents?

Temporary suspension of Calderdale NHS walk-in centres

During this period of unprecedented demand on the NHS, there will be times when we have to re-deploy our staff and resources to other places to bolster our resilience and support key front line services in the fight against the Coronavirus.

As a result our NHS walk-in services at Horne Street Health Centre in Halifax and Todmorden Health Centre in Todmorden have been temporarily suspended until further notice.

Where to get help

Help and information about coronavirus

If you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature or a new, continuous cough), use the 111 Coronavirus online service: – You should only call 111 if you’re unable to get help online.

Getting help and support from a GP

If you need to contact a GP, do not go into the surgery in person.

You can:

  • visit your GP surgery website, or use an online service to contact your GP – find your GP to get their website details
  • phone your GP surgery

Your GP surgery will then give you advice about what to do.

A phone or video call with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional may be booked for you.

You’ll only be asked to visit the surgery if absolutely necessary.

Your GP surgery may be very busy at the moment. So you may have to wait longer than usual to speak to someone if it’s not urgent.

Self-isolation notes for employers

If you’re advised to self-isolate, you can get a note to send to your employer online at https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/

General health information and advice

The best place to get accurate health information is the NHS website.

The NHS website has information and advice on:

You can also check your GP surgery’s website. Lots of GP surgeries have online services where you can get advice and support from your GP surgery team. Find your GP to get their website details.

Repeat prescriptions

If you have a repeat prescription that you normally request at your GP surgery or pharmacy, you can do normally this online, using an app or by calling your surgery or pharmacy.

Please be patient when calling as they may be very busy at the moment. You may have to wait longer than usual to speak to someone.

Urgent medical help

If you need urgent medical help, use the NHS 111 online service.

The 111 online service asks questions about your symptoms to help you get the help you need.

Only call 111 if you’re unable to get help online.

During the coronavirus outbreak, the 111 phone line will be very busy so it will be quicker and easier to get help online.

Emergency medical help

For life-threatening emergencies, call 999 for an ambulance.

Try to avoid going to A&E, as there’s a risk you could catch coronavirus or spread it to people who are seriously ill.