IAPT engagement and equality report of findings
In 2018 engagement activity took place in Calderdale around adult psychological services and captured feedback about a range of psychological interventions included as part of the IAPT offer; this includes CBT, guided self-help and counselling services.
You told us
We received 175 responses from the engagement and themes from what you told us are below:
- Building a trusting relationship with the therapist is important.
- Staff to be competent, interested, non-judgemental and compassionate.
- People want to access services quickly with no long waiting lists.
- People wanted support which is not ‘time-limited’.
- People wanted services to support recovery and provide practical coping strategies.
- People wanted services to be person centred
- People wanted more self-help groups
- People wanted the CCG to invest in more talking therapies
What are we doing
The CCG want to review how talking therapies are delivered in Calderdale.
We want to obtain feedback and ideas from people who have used talking therapies since June 2018 along with staff, referrers and people who feel talking therapies are not for them.
This will support the CCG to shape talking therapies in the future.