Getting help and advice on Bank Holiday Monday
GP surgeries in Calderdale will be closed on bank holiday Monday, but a full range of other services are here for you.
Call 111 over the weekend if:
- You need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency.
- You think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service.
- You don’t know who to call or can’t call your GP over the Bank Holiday weekend.
- You need health advice or reassurance about what to do next.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature or a new, continuous cough), pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS 111 Online service at www.111.nhs.uk/covid-19
Pharmacy opening times
The following pharmacies are open in Calderdale on Bank Holiday Monday, 31 August 2020.
|Pharmacy||Address||Postcode||Telephone Number||Monday 31 August|
|Tesco Pharmacy, Brighouse||Huddersfield Road, Brighouse||HD6 1RZ||0345 6779783||09:00-18:00|
|Boots Pharmacy, Halifax||7-11 Market Street, Halifax||HX1 1PB||01422 352009||10:00-16:00|
|Lloyds Pharmacy, Halifax||Wade Street, Halifax||HX1 1SB||01422 357330||09:00-17:00|
|King Cross Pharmacy , Halifax||210-212 King Cross Road, Halifax||HX1 3JP||01422 361134||10:00-18:00|
|Tesco Pharmacy, Halifax||Haugh Shaw Road, Halifax||HX1 3TU||0345 6779319||09:00-18:00|
|Asda Pharmacy, Halifax||Thrum Hall Lane, Halifax||HX1 4JT||01422 331318||09:00-18:00|
|Boots Pharmacy, Hebden Bridge||13-15 Crown Street, Hebden Bridge||HX7 8EL||01422 842378||10:30-16:30|
Call your pharmacy for specific information on their opening hours. To find their details and telephone numbers visit https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-pharmacy/
If you think you need urgent dental treatment:
- Call your dentist
- If you cannot contact your dentist, or you do not have one, use the NHS 111 online service
- If a clinical appointment is necessary, this will be arranged at an urgent dental care centre.
- Order repeat prescriptions in your usual quantities at the usual time. Over ordering of your medicines may mean someone else has to go without their medicines.
- Order your usual prescription online or by an app. Do not go to your GP practice or pharmacy to order prescriptions and only phone them if you cannot order online or by an app. You can order repeat prescriptions on the NHS App and through your GP surgery or pharmacy’s online service, where available. You can find out about ordering medicines online at www.nhs.uk
- collection by a relative or friend, or ask your pharmacy for advice about delivery
- If your medicines are being delivered make sure you keep a safe distance when you receive them.
- For everyone else, if you are going into a pharmacy in person, follow social distancing rules and the rules put in place by the pharmacy to protect you and their staff.
- Pharmacies may have altered opening times to manage their workload.
- Sales of some medicines may be restricted in quantity by pharmacies to ensure that there is enough for everyone.