Coronavirus vaccination: help us help you
People in Calderdale are now being vaccinated with the Pfizer BionTech vaccine to protect them from Covid19. At first, the vaccine will be available to people over the age of 80, NHs hospital staff, care home staff and residents, in line with guidance from the Joint Committee for Vaccinations and Immunisations.
We are asking members of the public not to contact their GP practice for information on the vaccine, and letting them know that the NHS will contact people directly to let them know when and where they will be vaccinated.
This will be the largest vaccination programme in the history of the NHS and you can really help us to deliver it to those that need it most by doing the following:
- Please don’t contact the NHS to seek a vaccine – we will contact you when it’s the right time.
- When we do contact you, please act immediately and make sure you attend your appointments.
- Please continue to follow all the guidelines – hand hygiene and social distancing in particular – to control the virus and save lives.
Please keep washing your hands regularly, wear a face covering in enclosed spaces and maintain social distancing wherever possible to protect yourself and your family from the coronavirus.
For more information about the vaccine, please visit www.nhs.uk/CovidVaccine
- COVID-19 vaccination: guide for older adults
- COVID-19 vaccination: women of childbearing age, currently pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding
- COVID-19 vaccination: what to expect after vaccination
- Why do I have to wait for my Covid-19 vaccine?
- A guide to your COVID-19 vaccination (easy read version)
- COVID-19 national lockdown guidance: Stay at Home (easy read)
Frequently Asked Questions
We are keeping this information as up to-date as possible. The main source of information on the Covid-19 vaccination programme is: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/