Please find attached a request for information made under the FOI. The request is made on behalf of [text removed]. The request is split into a cover letter and an additional annex consisting of a number of tables to be completed.
This request is being sent to all 209 Clinical Commissioning Groups.
1. Do you provide and/or commission a 24/7 dedicated and clinically staffed palliative
service specifically designed for patients dying at home, and their carers?
NHS Calderdale CCG does not commission any services.
2. Please complete the table (see the second attachment to this email) detailing which
specific palliative services you provide and/or commission, the hours of operation and geographic areas that they cover for 201516.
Completed table is enclosed.
NB. For the purposes of our research, we would only consider you to commission these
palliative services listed in the table if they are specifically designed for patients dying, and their carers, as opposed to a more general service that might only incidentally cover end of life care.
3. What is your annual budget for all dedicated end of life care services provided and commissioned for the current financial year, 2015/2016?
If it is impossible for you to give a precise figure for whatever reason, please give a best estimate.
The best estimate is £1.2m.
4. What is this as a % of your total budget? Again, if you cannot give a precise figure here, please give a best estimate.
The best estimate percentage of total CCG budget excluding running costs is 0.4%
5. Do you work in partnership with other organisations to deliver palliative care services in the community?
Yes – NHS Calderdale CCG work with Overgate Hospice, Marie Curie Care and Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust.
If yes, state who the lead provider is?
The lead provider is Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust.