Our Governing Body meetings take place every second month and are held in public. We would like to welcome you to come along and listen to the discussions and to see how decisions are made by the Governing Body members.
Our Commitment to You
When holding our business meetings in public we will always aim to:
- Respond to all our communities and provide additional support where required to ensure that our decision making processes are accessible.
- Ensure that our meetings take place in venues that are accessible.
- Ensure that you can hear the discussion taking place.
- Ensure that we have copies of papers available for members of the public attending and tables for you to use.
- Publish our agenda and meeting papers on the website in advance of the meeting. This includes the publication of our agenda for the private sections of the meetings.
We will be explicit about the reasons why those items are in the private session.
- Publish our registers of interest on the website.
- Provide a dedicated item on the agenda for questions from members of the public and provide an opportunity to meet informally after the public section to clarify any points from the meeting.
Members of the public are invited to submit questions on any subject relating to matters on the Governing Body meeting agenda.
Questions need to be received by the CCG’s Governance Lead by 5:00pm two days before the meeting. Questions should be sent in writing to:
The Corporate Governance Team
Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group
5th floor, F. Mill, Dean Clough,
Halifax HX3 5AX
Questions can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Any questions submitted may be treated as a request under the Freedom of Information Act and treated accordingly. For more information on this, please visit our Freedom of Information page.
We are always interested to know who is attending our meetings and would like to encourage a wide range of organisations and individuals. To help us with this, we will ask you to sign a register when you arrive for the meeting.
Please be considerate to others when you are observing the meeting and switch off any mobile phones.
We will not be able to discuss questions if
- They relate to individual patient care or the performance of individual staff members.
- The question does not relate to an item on the agenda.
- The question relates to issues which are the subject of current confidential discussions, legal action or any other matter not related to the roles and responsibilities of the CCG.
The Chair reserves the right to decide that a question requires a written response and in such cases the question will receive a response in writing within 20 working days.
If you would like any support or advice on putting together a question, or if you require any support to attend the meeting, such as BSL, language interpreter or graphic artist, please do not hesitate to contact us.