1. Does the CCG have a preferred list or guidelines for cost effective blood glucose meters/test strips for use by patients with diabetes?
2. Could I please have a copy of such a list?
3. When are these guidelines for type diabetes meters/ test strips due/likely to be up for review? for type 2 and for type 1.
4. Contact details of the person or dept. responsible for it’s review?
Medicines Management Team – CCG.Feedback@calderdaleccg.nhs.uk
5. How does a company become involved in such a review?
Companies are not involved in the review process directly; however, the Medicines Management team is happy to receive information about products by email using the email address provided in response to question 4.
6. Are there any rebate schemes in place with any of the blood glucose monitoring companies and,
7. Would the reviewing organization be open to a rebate scheme if there was one on offer
This would be subject to review against the criteria within the CCG Policy on Prescribing Rebates. Formulary decisions are not influenced by the availability of a rebate.