1. The contact details of the Procurement Officer or Medicines Management Pharmacist responsible for the evaluation of blood glucose testing strips.
[text removed] Medicines Management Pharmacist
Please note that the information supplied was correct at the time of disclosure, however, such information can become outdated due to changes in staffing or changes in a job role responsibilities. For that reason the individual’s name, work email address and work telephone number have been removed. Please email or call us for the latest contact details.
Email: CCG.FEEDBACK@calderdaleccg.nhs.uk or Tel: 01422 307400
2. The contact details of the GP Diabetic Lead for the evaluation of blood glucose testing strips.
Dr Steven Cleasby is the CCG Diabetes lead and will be a stakeholder in this process, any contact should be addressed to Nicola Booth as per the response above in the first instance.
3. The contact details of the Lead Diabetic Nurse for the evaluation of blood glucose testing.
The diabetes specialist nurses are based at Calderdale and Huddersfield Foundation Trust (CHFT) not the CCG – please contact CHFT for their details. As noted below they will be stakeholders in this piece of work.
4. Please confirm if the CCG follows any guidance for the standardisation and guidance for Blood glucose strips from an independent body e.g. LPP, GMMMG….
Current review ongoing – taking into account work already done – Regional Drug & Therapeutics Centre (RDTC)/Greater Manchester Medicines Management Group (GMMMG) guidance and discussions with local Diabetic Specialist Nursing team.
5. Please confirm which strips are currently recommended on the CCG formulary
Please use the attached link: https://www.calderdaleccg.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Self-Monitoring-of-blood-Glucose-Test-strips-Formulary.pdf
6. Please provide the current standardisation guidelines for blood glucose meters and testing strips.
The relevant standards are ISO 15197:2013 and updated formulary will be fully compliant with these guidelines.
7. Please can you confirm or deny whether the CCG currently has rebates for ANY blood glucose strips and if so, which ones are these?
There are currently no rebates in place.