Calderdale CCG has been named as a Disability Confident Employer.
The scheme helps employers to think differently about disability, and improve how they attract, recruit and retain disabled workers. Being awarded The Disability Confident standard demonstrates that Calderdale CCG has a positive attitude towards employing disabled people, and play a leading role in changing attitudes towards disability.
As part of the scheme, the CCG has to commit to the following principles:
1. Actively looking to attract and recruit disabled people.
2. Providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process.
3. Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
4. Flexible when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job.
5. Proactively offering and making reasonable adjustments as required.
6. Encouraging our suppliers and partner firms to be Disability Confident.
7. Ensuring employees have sufficient disability equality awareness training.
The CCG is committed to supporting disabled staff by:
1. Promoting a culture of being Disability Confident.
2. Supporting employees to manage their disabilities or health conditions.
3. Ensuring there are no barriers to the development and progression of disabled staff.
4. Ensuring managers are aware of how they can support staff who are sick or absent from work.
5. Valuing and listening to feedback from disabled staff.
6. Reviewing this Disability Confident employer self-assessment regularly.
For more informatiojn on the standard visit <a href=”https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/disability-confident-campaign”>https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/disability-confident-campaign</a>