1) Is the continuing healthcare and funded nursing care process managed in-house, or is part or all of the process outsourced to a 3rd party (CSU, Council, Independent provider etc.). If outsourced, please state the name of the company and the services outsourced (all CHC, assessment, brokerage, invoice validation etc.)
NHS Calderdale CCG’s continuing healthcare and funded nursing care process is managed in-house.
2) What software, (e.g. QA Plus, CHS Care Track, BroadCare), is currently utilised by the CHC team to manage:
2.1) Referrals into the service
2.2) Scheduling of Assessments / Reviews
2.4) Procurement of Care packages/placements
2.5) Personal Health Budgets
2.6) Activity and financial reporting
The CCG uses the Broadcare software.
3) How many whole time equivalent members of staff are involved with the continuing healthcare process by job role as below:
3.1) Business support / administrator – 5
3.2) Nurse assessor – 8
3.3) Contracting / procurement – 3 within CCG’s Contracting/Procurement Team
3.4) Finance – 1 within CHC Team and 1 within CCG Finance Team
3.5) Senior management – 2
4) Does the CCG or any contracted provider managing CHC have a connection to the Exeter System and regularly check this? If not how does the CCG become aware of patient deaths?
Yes. The CCG has a connection to Exeter System and Integrated SPINE within its database.
5) Please state how many referrals were made to the service for full consideration of CHC in the period 01/04/2017 – 31/03/2018. This is based on the national framework standard of a checklist outcome.
6) Please state how many referrals were made to the service for service users not requiring full consideration of CHC in the period 01/04/2017 – 31/03/2018. This is based on the national framework standard of a checklist outcome.
7) Please state how many service users were due to have a 12 month CHC review in the period 01/04/2017-31/03/2018
8) Please state how many service users had a 12 month CHC review in the period 01/04/17-31/03/2018