Delivery of end-to-end CHC services
1. Who delivers your end to end Continuing Healthcare service?
2. If the CCG utilises a private company, please provide the following information:
a. Name of the provider:
b. Annual cost of the services in 17/18
c. Contract start and end dates
Allocation of Resources
1. Does the CCG have a standardised method for allocating resources for CHC (e.g. setting and agreeing an indicative personal health budget (PHB))?
2. How is this managed?
This is managed In-House by the CCG.
3. Please name the system used by the CCG to determine the PHB (e.g. Imosphere, Norfolk model, Manchester model, locally developed etc.)
a. Is this a needs-based or points-based system*?
b. What was the annual cost to the CCG in 17/18 for using this system?
c. What are the contract start and end dates?
This is a locally developed, needs based, no-cost system/process.
*Needs-based RAS systems consider the CCG’s local provider costs, whereas points-based systems are based on assessment domain ratings.
CHC Assessment Support
Does the CCG use any third-party nurse assessment teams to support any part of the CHC assessment process?
Case Management Systems
1. What CHC case management system is used
The CHC system used is ‘Broadcare’.
a. What was the annual cost to the CCG in 17/18?
b. What are the contract start and end dates?
Latest contract term: 1 February 2018 – 31 January 2019
c. Did the CCG procure these services via a framework? If so, please provide the name of the framework
The system was procured prior to the formation of the CCG in April 2013. As such, the CCG does not hold this information.
1. How does the CCG manage the brokerage?
The CCG manages this In-House and via our Local Authority, Calderdale Council.
2. Does the CCG use a framework with agreed rates or a preferred supplier list for:
a. Residential/ nursing Care providers
b. Domiciliary Care Agencies
3. Does the CCG review their contracts/costs for care suppliers each year?
4. Does the CCG use an e-Brokerage system (e.g Adam HTT, E-Brokerage etc.)?
5. Does the CCG have costed care plans for residential care suppliers?
1. Do any of the systems used by the CCG for CHC (eg. assessments, allocation of resources, brokerage, case management) integrate?
a. If so, please provide further detail with regards to which systems integrate with each other
Broad Care has functionality for finance, assessment and case management.
1. Have you had any third-party consultants in to review the CCGs CHC processes and practices, or whereby the third party looked into the CCGs end-to-end delivery of CHC in the last 2 financial years (15/16 – 17/18)?
a. If so, please provide the name of the organization
ARDEN & GEM (2017)
b. Please provide a brief description of the services
c. What was the cost for completing this work?
No cost was incurred as the work was undertaken on a pro-bono basis.