1. Is the continuing healthcare and funded nursing care process managed in-house, or is part or all of the process outsourced to a 3rd party (CSU, Council, Independent provider etc.). If outsourced, please state the name of the company and the services outsourced (all CHC, assessment, brokerage, invoice validation etc.)
In Calderdale the process is managed in-house
2. Please provide the name and contact details of the individual responsible for continuing healthcare at the CCG.
Please note that the information supplied was correct at the time of disclosure, however, such information can become outdated due to changes in staffing or changes in a job role responsibilities. For that reason the individual’s name, work email address and work telephone number have been removed. Please email or call us for the latest contact details.
Email: CCG.FEEDBACK@calderdaleccg.nhs.uk or Tel: 01422 307400
3. How many people are involved with the continuing healthcare process internally?
25 members of staff
4. Does the CCG or any contracted provider managing CHC have a connection to the Exeter System and regularly check this? If not how does the CCG become aware of patient deaths?
5. Does the CCG use any third party tech solutions to record patient information relating to CHC (Broadcare, Swift, Caretrack, QA Plus etc.)? If not how is this recorded?
6. Does the CCG use any third party tech solutions to record financial information (Broadcare, Caretrack, QA Plus etc.)? If not how are invoices validated against care package details?
7. Does the CCG contract care packages from a framework with agreed rates? If so what percentage of contracts are secured on and off framework?
Yes. The CCG are currently in the process of updating the framework and as such are unable to provide a definite percentage at this time.
8. Please provide the average no. of patients receiving CHC and FNC funding in the last financial year, and a breakdown for each category: 1251
a) CHC Patients – 832 came through the service over the financial year.
b) FNC Patients – 419 came through the service over the financial year.
9. Please provide the total number of suppliers that the CCGs uses for CHC & FNC, split by:
a) Residential Homes – 12
b) Nursing Homes – 105
c) Homecare Agencies -38
d Other (please specify) – 15
10. Please state the average number of care packages in the last financial year, split by:
a) Residential Homes – 30
b) Nursing Homes – 1040
c) Homecare Agencies – 573