Where CHC is referenced in our question, please include continuing healthcare (CHC), funded nursing
care (FNC) and Fast Track (FT) in your response. Where more than 1 CCG falls under your area of
governance, please assume that the below information is requested for each of these.
1. Is your CHC process managed in-house? Or is part or all of the process outsourced to a 3rd
party (e.g. CSU, Local Authority, Independent provider)? If outsourced, please state the name of
the organisation and the services outsourced (all CHC, assessment, brokerage, invoice validation
NHS Calderdale CCG’s CHC process is managed in-house.
2. Please provide the name and contact details for your head of CHC.
Head of Commissioning – Continuing Health Care / Mental Health and Learning Disability Services
3. How many staff are engaged (including employees, contractors and agency staff) in managing your
CHC process? Please indicate how many staff are involved with (a) managing patients and (b)
All 24 members of the CHC Team are involved in these areas in some respect.
4. How many active CHC funding appeals are you currently processing?
11 (seven appeals and four reviews).
5. How many funding assessments are currently awaiting completion?
52 referrals to date.
6. In financial year 16/17 what was the average number of days from completion of DST assessment
to commissioning active provision?
7. In financial year 16/17 what was your total CHC spend?
8. Does the CCG use any third party technology solutions to record patient information relating to
CHC (Broadcare, Swift, Caretrack, QA Plus etc.)? If so, which solution(s)? If not how is this
information recorded? (e.g. Excel)
9. Does the CCG use any third party technology solutions to record financial information
(Broadcare, Caretrack, QA Plus etc.)? If so, which product(s)? If not, please advise how are
invoices validated against care package details?
10. What is the renewal date of your current third party technology solution?