1. Are there CCG commissioning guidelines or criteria for the referral of patients for hip arthroscopy?
NHS Calderdale CCG does have commissioning guidelines or criteria as described. This procedure would require an application under the CCG’s individual funding request process. A clinician with the relevant expertise would make the referral and the IFR panel would determine the appropriateness of the referral.
2. Is this procedure available within the Calderdale/Huddersfield Trust?
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust do not carry out this procedure. It would be carried out in a hospital that does a high volume of procedures to make sure the outcomes are the best they can be for patients.
3. If the procedure is not available locally – is it possible to be referred to other NHS trusts for the procedure?
4. Has the CCG any information on hip arthroscopy?
NHS Calderdale CCG does not hold information for patients of this type.
5. If there is any information on this procedure – where can I find it?
In view of the small number of people for whom this procedure is indicated we would recommend that, in line with the pathways established in Calderdale, patients should ask their GP to refer them to the Musculoskeletal (MSK) service for a full assessment, and refer wherever necessary. If a clinician feels hip arthroscopy is indicated they will discuss the procedure the patient, and ought to be able to direct them to the relevant patient advice leaflets. Different providers have different leaflets.