In order to complete this study I am compiling information on the use of international recruitment and framework agreements within the NHS. I would be grateful if you could answer the following questions.
1. Is your CCG involved in decision making about international recruitment of nurses within the hospitals from which you commission services?
2. Have you ever asked for information on staffing or recruitment from NHS hospitals? What information? Please provide this information.
Yes we receive a staffing update from CHFT at the Clinical Quality Board held jointly with the CCG on a quarterly basis. This information is available on CHFT’s website as part of their quarterly quality report.
3. Do you know whether the hospitals that you commission recruit internationally? If so, do they?
Yes they have recruited internationally.
4. Do you know how many nurses have you recruited internationally in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015? If so, please provide figures.
The CCG does not recruit nurses internationally. We are aware that CHFT have recruited 34 nurses internationally since Nov 2014.
5. Have you been provided with any documents that relate to international recruitment? If so please provide copies of these documents?
No we receive assurance on the process through the quarterly staffing update at Clinical Quality Board. Please see our response to Q.2 for the location of this information.
6. Do you know whether the hospitals that you commissions use framework agreements for international recruitment of nurses? If they do, which one/s?
The CCG does not hold this information.
7. Do you know who is responsible for international recruitment of nurses within the hospitals that you commission? If so please provide their contact details.
The Director of Nursing – currently Lindsay Rudge who is Interim Director of Nursing at Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust.