The Governing Body of NHS Calderdale CCG met today to consider the Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust Full Business Case’s (FBC) in relation to proposed changes to its hospital service.
The Governing Body considered the FBC in regard to three ‘tests’; whether:
- the FBC is in line with the model that was consulted on
- the proposals put forward are affordable to each CCG
- the proposals improve and achieve the financial sustainability of the Calderdale and Greater Huddersfield system of care.
The CCG’s Governing Body concluded that:
Following consideration on the basis of: evidence and judgement; the significant contribution to improved clinical care; improved outcomes for our population; and on the basis of the joint system working as outlined in the paper to the Governing Body (section 8.3), the Governing Body considers that the FBC is:
- in line with the model on which the CCG consulted
- affordable to Commissioners and
- does improve and achieve the financial sustainability of the Calderdale system of care.
The CCG will now indicate to NHS England that it is supportive of the FBC.
Please note: It was not the role of NHS Calderdale and Greater Huddersfield CCGs’ Governing Bodies to approve the FBC. Instead, their role is to indicate to NHS England whether they are satisfied that the three ‘tests’ outlined above are met.