1. What is the population covered by your Clinical Commissioning Group?
ONS Mid-2013 population estimates, the population of Calderdale is 206,400.
2. For the most recent year you have data for, what is the number of:
a) Adult deaths
b) Child deaths
c) Neo-natal deaths
Specific data on the number of deaths is not held within the CCG. Mortality rates for main disease groups can be located here:
3. How many patients have palliative care needs?
NHS Calderdale CCG does not hold this information and you would need to contact the providers who are Calderdale & Huddersfield Foundation Trust, Overgate Hospice and Marie Curie. We also have a third sector grant with “Forget Me Not” which provides children’s palliative care needs.
4. What services do you commission for specialist palliative care?
• Integrated End of Life Care Pathway
• End of life domiciliary care (various domiciliary care providers inc Marie Curie)
• Fast track domiciliary care (various domiciliary care providers)
• Overgate Hospice
5. Do you commission specialist palliative care services in a community setting ie Care home, hospice or acute setting? Yes/no? If yes, please specify?
Yes. Integrated End of Life Care Pathway, Marie Curie Respite Services and Overgate Hospice receives a grant for hospice services.
6. Do you have any future plans for new specialist palliative care services? Yes/no?
Only regarding the Integrated End of Life Care Pathway. The future plan is to evaluate the pilot and decide whether to continue commissioning it as a permanent service. We are also rolling out Electronic Palliative Care Co-Ordination