Prescribing rebate and QIPP prescribing schemes 2015/16 (1617098)
Q. Could you please provide me with the details of any prescribing rebate schemes and QIPP prescribing schemes active within your CCG during the financial year 2015/16? Please answer the questions below:
1. Primary Care Prescribing Rebate Schemes
|Name of Scheme
||Companies involved in the scheme
|Enteral Feeding Procurement Scheme
||Oral Nutritional Supplements
|Prostap DCS agreement for rebate
2. What was the total income for the CCG from rebates during 2015/16?
NHS Calderdale CCG’s total income from rebates in 2015/16 was £188,879.77
3. QIPP Prescribing Schemes
|Name of Scheme
|CCG Medicines Management action plan
- Seretide 250 Evohaler to Flutiform 250/10 in asthma.
- Seretide 125 Evohaler to Flutiform 125/25 or Fostair 100/6 in asthma.
- Seretide 250 Evohaler to Fostair 100/6 in asthma
- Seretide 250 Evohaler in COPD to Fostair MDI, Relvar Ellipta (DPI), DuoResp Spiromax 320/9 (DPI).
- Use Incruse Ellipta (umeclidinium) DPI OR Seebri (glycopyrronium) DPI as an option instead of Spiriva (tiotropium)
- Use GlucoRx Nexus machines OR Accucheck Active meters as first line choices where testing is indicated for appropriate patients.
- Normal human insulin first line choice for new patients in line with NICE guidance.
- Switch patients to the GlucoRx Fine point insulin pen needles.
- Use alogliptin as 1st choice agent when a gliptin is required.
- Omega-3 fatty acids Omacor and Maxepa – review.
- Switch from Quetiapine MR to Biquelle XL.
- Switch from Galantamine MR to Gatalin XL.
- Switch from Tramadol MR to Marol MR.
- Switch from Oxycodone MR to Longtec.
- Switch from Oxycodone (immediate release) to Shortec.
- Switch from tolterodine MR to Neditol XL.
- Prescribe Keppra generically as Levetiracetam
- Implementation of commissioning statements e.g. stopping prescribing dental products, glucosamine