Has Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group (‘the CCG’) either itself commissioned or inherited from the previous primary care trust, contracts with local optical practices (opticians) for the following community eye health services:
Glaucoma Repeat Readings
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 we kindly request the following information:
1. Confirmation that these services are in place.
NHS Calderdale CCG commissions the following community services:
• Cataract – Pre and Post-Operative
• Glaucoma Referral Refinement
• Diagnosed Ocular Hypertension Monitoring
• Primary Eyecare Acute Referral Scheme (MECS)
2. Service activity data presented as the number of patients to have accessed each service in the year 1st April 2014 – 31st March 2015.
Up until April 2015 NHS Calderdale CCG did not hold this information.
3. The number of optical practices contracted to provide each service.
NHS Calderdale CCG has Community Optometrist contracts in place with 18 Providers
4. The CCG’s financial expenditure on each service in the year 1st April 2014 – 31st March 2015.
|Name of Service||Value|
|Glaucoma Referral Refinement Scheme||£ 9,342.00|
|Primary Eye Care Acute Referrals System||£31,820.00|
|Pre and Post-operative Cataract Services||£51,892.00|
|Ocular Hypertension Management Service||£ 300.00|