1. Do you have a list of treatments that the CCG does not routinely commission? If so, please can you provide this.
A list of treatments that are not routinely commissioned by NHS Calderdale can be accessed via the below link:
This document details an extensive list of the procedures that the CCG does not routinely commission. However, please note that this is not a list of all of the services and treatments that fall under the process as the general rule is that any services or treatments that are not routinely commissioned by the NHS should be considered through the Individual Funding Requests process.
Information that is reasonably accessible by other means is exempt under section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act.
2. Do you have a list of procedures of limited clinical value? If so, please can you provide this.
- Snoring Surgery
- Dilation & Curettage
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Spinal Injections
- Breast Reduction (requests for Breast Reduction are processed in line with the IFR policy and are considered by exception)
- Removal of Benign Skin Lesions
- Haemorrhoid Surgery
- Chalazia Removal
- Shoulder Decompression
- Carpal Tunnel
- Dupuytrens Contracture Release
- Ganglion Excision
- Trigger Finger Release
- Varicose Vein Surgery
3. If yes, of the procedures on this list, please name those that the CCG does not commission.
The above procedures are not routinely commissioned and a threshold criteria must be met prior to the procedure being carried out. If the criteria are not met then an Individual Funding Request must be submitted and will be considered against the criteria on an exceptional basis.
4. How many individual funding requests has the CCG received in the last twelve months?
5. How many individual funding requests have been approved?
6. How many individual funding requests have been rejected?
NHS Calderdale CCG has previously released the information you have requested under questions 4-6 under FOI 1819063. Please refer to the following link: https://www.calderdaleccg.nhs.uk/individual-funding-request-data-2017-18-1819063/