1. What activities has your CCG undertaken to promote cervical screening and increase uptake over the last year (August 2016 – August 2017)?
Public Health England (PHE) is the commissioner for this service. We suggest this question would be best answered by PHE. Calderdale CCG provides support as part of awareness raising campaigns.
2. What were the outcomes of those activities? For example, greater awareness, increased screening coverage.
PHE is the lead commissioner for this service and any evaluation and outcome data should be obtained from them.
3. Have local targets been set to improve cervical screening level?
PHE is the commissioner of this service this information will be held by them.
4. Does your CCG have a budget to encourage uptake of cervical screening?
5. Are you aware of the report published by Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust in Januaryauthorities and clinical commissioning groups to increase cervical screening coverage in England’? 2017,‘Cervical Screening in the Spotlight: an audit of activities undertaken by local authorities and clinical commissioning groups to increase cervical screening coverage in England’?
6. If yes, have any additional activities to improve cervical screening coverage been undertaken or planned as a result of the ‘Cervical Screening in the Spotlight’ report?
7. Has your team accessed cervical screening programme coverage statistics (management information) in the GP data hub on NHS digital
- Yes – if so, how have they used them?
- No – why not?
PHE is the commissioner of this service and routinely access information in relation to GP practice coverage.