This year’s theme is engaging and empowering people and the strapline is Embracing Self Care for Life.
We are supporting Self Care Week 2017, which runs from 13 – 19 November. Self Care is about being knowledgeable about your health and taking measures to stay well. This year’s theme is “Self Care for Life – Take Control” and the intention is to raise awareness of how you can take control of your health, and ultimately take control of your life.
Self care is about keeping fit and healthy, understanding when you can look after yourself, when a pharmacist can help and when to get advice from your GP or another health professional.
If you have a long-term condition, self care is about understanding that condition and how to live with it.
Find out more about self care by visiting https://www.nhs.uk/selfcare/Pages/self-care-week-2017.aspx
Here is a selection of leaflets and posters available to download and print:
- Self care for minor ailments Haynes manual (for men)
- The Pain Toolkit
- Questions to ask: getting the most out of your appointment
- 5 A day: what’s it all about – leaflet
Other downloadable leaflets:
- PAGB consumer leaflets on colds and flu, pain and allergy
- Medicine Cabinet poster
- Self Care Forum fact sheets
- Materials to support Antibiotic Awareness Day in England
- Home care is best poster
- RCGP TARGET antibiotics resources
- Make the right call – Helping you look after yourself this winter
- When should I worry-Booklet_England-with 111 service
Helpful website links: