We would like to request the following information regarding the administration of gonadorelin (GnRH) analogues (also known as LHRH analogues) for the treatment of prostate cancer within: Calderdale CCG.
1. Within your organisation, which healthcare professional (role) clinically recommends the LHRH that is prescribed?
The LHRH is recommended by the hospital specialist.
2. Which healthcare professional (role) within your organisation usually administers the first injection?
The Clinical Commissioning Group does not deliver clinical services. The first injection of goserelin or leuprorelin will be given in the Uro-oncology clinic in an hospital setting.
3. Where is the first injection usually given (hospital or primary care)?
The first injection will be given at the hospital.
4. Which healthcare professional (role) within your organisation usually administers subsequent injections?
The Clinical commissioning group does not deliver clinical services. The Practice nurse within the GP practice administers subsequent injections.
5. Where are subsequent injections usually given (hospital or primary care)?
These are usually given by the primary care provider.
6. For subsequent injections, does the patient still remain under the care of the hospital (e.g. attends hospital clinics although injections are given in primary care), and if so, for how long?
We can confirm that the patient remains under the shared care of both specialist and GP.
7. If injections are administered in primary care, what recommendation/advice comes from the hospital?
See shared care guideline https://www.swyapc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Prostate-cancer-FINAL020414.pdf.
8. Request for Re-use
Please can you confirm whether we are permitted to reuse any information provided under the Open Government Licence?
Yes as per the statement below.
We [text removed] request permission to re-use as a part of an independent analysis into NHS administration of gonadorelin analogues, which has been commissioned by one of our clients.
The contents of the report will not be made available publically, but may be used by other [text removed] entities and service suppliers. The information in the report will be presented in a factual manner with all publication details staying true to the publisher.
We acknowledge that information provided may be protected by copyright and will include a copyright statement to this effect at the end of any information we publish if requested by you.