1. Since the creation of CCGs in 2013 following the Health and Social Care Act in 2012, has the NHS Calderdale CCG merged with any other CCGs?
2. Does the organisation use an external provider for VAT advisory services? If so please state the name of the organisation used? (E.g. Ernst Young, Berthold Bauer, Liaison, CRS, KPMG, RSM etc.)?
NHS Calderdale CCG does not specifically contract an external provider as described. The CCG receives some VAT advice as part of its standing financial service contract with NHS Shared Business Services.
a. Please state the contract start and end date or review period.
b. Please confirm the total value of VAT recovered by the provider in 2016/17
3. Please state the total amount spent by the organisation for these services in 2016/17
4. Did the organisation use an external provider to re-review VAT recovered in the last financial year (16/17)? If so please state the name of the company used.
5. Please state the total number of Accounts Payable invoices processed by the organisation in the last financial year (16/17)
6. Please state the total value of Accounts Payable invoices in the last financial year (16/17)
7. Which Finance system is used by NHS Calderdale CCG (Oracle, Agresso, Sage, E-Financial, SAP etc.)
8. How many active suppliers are currently on the Supplier Masterfile?
9. How many inactive suppliers are currently on the Supplier Masterfile?
10. Is 3rd party pre-payment software utilised by NHS Calderdale CCG to prevent invoice payment errors from occurring?
11. If so, please provide contract period
12. Since 2013, please state the name(s) of all external organisation(s) used to review AP and identify and recover erroneous payments, and the period(s) revioewed by each.
13. Please state the total value of moneys recovered by each provider in the period(s) reviewed.
14. Please state the total amount paid to any external parties/ total cost to of utilising these services, for this review work.
15. Do you use any external provider to ensure invoices correlate to the contract charges i.e. checking volume discounts have been applied (please state name)?
16. What % fee or rates does the trust pay for this service?
17. What is annual spend on agency staff during the last financial year – broken down by staffing category?
Admin & Clerical – £176K (broken down by cost centre below)
- Continuing Healthcare = £157k
- Corporate Costs & Services = £1.5k
- Corporate Governance £10k
- Programme Projects = £7.5k
18. How many contracts are currently active at the CCG?
Information relating to NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group contracts is available under the Scheme of Publication. The link to this is:
19. What internal controls does NHS Calderdale CCG have to prevent payment errors occurring (3 way matching, no PO no PAY, invoice scanning etc.)?
Shared Business Services carry out this process on the CCG’s behalf.
20. Please provide a current CCG contact list/organisations structure for finance & procurement departments CCG Procurement Structure
Head of Contracting & Procurement
Senior Procurement Officer
The CCG’ Finance Department Structure is supplied as an PDF attachment to this letter.
Please note that the information supplied was correct at the time of disclosure; however, such information can become outdated due to changes in staffing or changes in job role responsibilities. For that reason, individuals’ names, work email addresses and telephone numbers have been removed. Please email or call us for the latest contact details:
Tel: 01422 307400”
21. Does NHS Calderdale CCG conduct supplier statement reconciliation exercises on any suppliers?