As part of Calderdale Council’s #resilience takeover week, organisations around Calderdale, including the CCG, are taking to social media tell people what it is that makes them resilient for the future.
The CCG works with partners in Calderdale’s voluntary and charity sector to provide a range of volunteering opportunities for its staff.
Volunteering helps our people do good, develop new skills and build resilience in community projects around the borough. Some of the projects we’ve supported over the past 12 months include:
- Visiting Trinity Fold Care Home in Halifax to deliver the ‘Our Yesterday’ resource, which involved reading to residents, playing video clips, using memory boxes, and leading group conversations.
- Working on the community allotment at the Threeways Centre in Ovenden
- Helping with the Rotary Club’s Christmas shoe box campaign
- Organising a Christmas Party for care home in Halifax
Future volunteering opportunities may include:
- Decorating Our Place venue at the Heath Centre
- Reading and reminiscing in a care home
- Developing patients’ stories through the Staying Well campaign
- Physical activities
- Further exploration of partnership with the Threeways Centre
- Driving older people to a flu clinic with Calderdale Community Transport
For more information about kindness, resilience, and celebrating everything that makes Calderdale the place it is, visit the Vision 2024 web page.