Calderdale Cares is a community led approach for delivering health and social care services in Calderdale.
The aim is to create strong collaboration across Calderdale where organisations, including the NHS, Calderdale Council and the voluntary and community sector work together and share resources to deliver a range of support to meet each person’s individual needs, within their own community.
The approach will mean that community health services including primary care, public health and social care services for adults and children will work together more closely.
The benefits include:
- Easier and faster access to a wider range of joined-up pathways of care where people tell their story once.
- Better outcomes based on what is important to people.
- Fewer trips to hospital as more services will be available in the community.
- More advice and guidance to help people make the right choices and manage their own health.
- Better access to local voluntary and community groups.
- More involvement in the design of care services near where people live.
- Support from community and voluntary services when people need them.