Improving Health, Improving Lives
NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group Logo

Where to get help

Where to get help

Please use your NHS wisely

  • If you become ill with a non-urgent condition and need advice, please visit the NHS Choices website for information and advice or go to your local pharmacist (Click here to find pharmacies in your area).


  •  For more urgent conditions that you believe you can’t take care of yourself, you should contact your GP as usual, or call 111 if:
    • you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency
    • you think you need to go to your local Accident and Emergency centre (A&E) or need another NHS urgent care service
    • you don’t know who to call or you don’t have a GP to call
    • you need health information or reassurance about what to do next



  • Only those adults and children with genuine emergency needs should go to A&E. Emergencies include:
    • major injuries, such as broken limbs or severe head injury
    • loss of consciousness
    • an acute confused state
    • fits
    • severe chest pain
    • breathing difficulties
    • severe bleeding that can’t be stopped
    • severe allergic reactions
    • severe burns or scalds

NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group
5th floor, F Mill, Dean Clough
Halifax, HX3 5AX

Tel: 01422 307400

NHS Choices
NHS Constitution
Disability Confident Employer Badge

| Privacy Notice| Glossary of Terms| Work for us| Icons provided by Icons8| Free Stock Videos by Videezy | © NHS Calderdale CCG 2016 |

This website uses cookies to offer you the best experience online. By continuing to use our website, you agree to the use of cookies.
Translate »
Click to listen highlighted text!