Adult Psychological Services in Calderdale
Psychological services involve talking therapies such as counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), and specialist assessments and treatments.
The CCG commissions psychological services for adults from South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Insight Healthcare, with the latter providing talking therapies only. The CCG also provides a small amount of funding to WomenCentre Halifax to provide counselling for local women.
The engagement was delivered to listen to people’s views and experience of current services, and to gather their ideas about other services/support that the CCG could commission to help people with their mental health.
You told us
The support people would like to see commissioned is:
- More services that are long term including services not clinically led – use the voluntary sector more
- Specialist sexual violence services and for those who been sexually abused
- Peer support services such as Andy’s man club
- Adult ASD services and ADHD support
- More IAPT services and links to substance misuse
- More specialist support for those who have experienced severe trauma such as refugees and asylum seekers
- More drop in sessions
- Work place based services
- Support and education
A full list of findings can be found in the report for this engagement, available to download below.
What are we doing
The findings will be shared through internal governance and with the Mental Health Innovation Hub. The report will be published and the next steps explained following consideration of the findings.