Older people’s care homes’ consultation outcomes
- Download 47
- File Size 0.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date 16/05/2022
- Last Updated 16/05/2022
Residents told us:
- 100% - feel safe.
- 82% - feel happy where they live.
- 94% - get their support and care needs met.
- 53% - spend their time doing things they enjoy.
- 65% - feel involved in decisions about their life.
Relatives and friends told us they feel that their relative/friend(s):
- 89% - is safe.
- 82% - is happy where they live.
- 90% - support and care needs are met.
- 58% - spends time doing the things that they enjoy.
- 63% - is involved in decisions about their life.
Care home staff told us they feel that they:
- 92% - are supported by their management.
- 88% - contribute to decisions in work.
- 92% - have job satisfaction.
- 94% - encourage residents to spend time doing what they enjoy.
- 100% - go the extra mile to make the residents feel worthy and important.
Health and social care staff told us they felt that:
- 31% - in the main residents are encouraged to be active and keep moving.
- 94% - they have a good relationship with the manager.
- 81% - in the main residents' individual needs are met.
- 31% - in the main residents are encouraged to spend time doing what they enjoy.
- 69% - in the main residents are involved in decisions being made about their own life as much they can be.
What happens next
What the Council and NHS Clinical Commissioning Group are doing with what you told us:
- A report that is available to you, has been written which includes further findings from the surveys. See: Older People’s Care Home Engagement Report 2022.
- A meeting with different professionals has been organised to look at key themes from the survey feedback.
- Focussed feedback sessions will be arranged with care homes to share and learn from the feedback shared with us.
- Key findings have been considered and improvements made where needed to the older people's care homes service specification. This will be part of the contract's terms and conditions, that care home providers have to meet in the future.
For full details go to: Older people's care homes' consultation outcomes | Calderdale Council