We are committed to providing support and training to staff to help them gain knowledge and understanding of how they can involve patients and public in commissioning decisions.
We have developed in house engagement and consultation training for staff to help understand:
- Legal and statutory obligations.
- Definitions of patient experience, engagement and consultation.
- Approach to engagement and consultation.
- What happens if legal obligations are not followed.
We are also in the process of developing a style guide with templates to help plan all communications and engagement activities.
The following templates have been developed as part of this process:
- Engagement and equality checklist,
- Infographic for engagement and consultation
- Guidance for equality monitoring
- Equality Impact Assessment (EIA) template
NHS England resources
Click on the hyperlinks below to open these web pages in a new browser window.
Calderdale Engagement Champions
We also work in partnership with Calderdale Voluntary Sector Infrastructure Alliance, Voluntary Action Calderdale to offer free training for local people to become approved Engagement providers to help local communities to have a say when changes to health services are proposed.